The OpenSAF Project is very pleased to announce the General Availability release of OpenSAF 4.0 (OpenSAF 4.0.0).
OpenSAF 4.0.0 represents a significant step forward for the OpenSAF platform both in new features, improved quality and closer alignment with the SA Form(R) standards. The following is a list of features and improvements that are new with OpenSAF 4.0.0.
- Build System Improvements
- Replace EDSv notifications from SAF AMF with SAF NTF notifications
- Integrate SAF IMM with SAF AMF, SAF EVT, SAF CKPT, SAF CLM, SAF MSG, SAF LCK & DTSv
- Expand IMM CLI for comprehensive support of IMM functionality from command line
- OpenSAF "install" modularity : Generate separate RPMs for various OpenSAF services
- Upgrade AMF to support SAI-AIS-AMF-B.04.01 system model and some functionality
- Support for SAF SMF Service (SAI-AIS-SMF-A.01.02)
- Support for SAF PLM Service (SAI-AIS-PLM-A.01.01)
- Separation of AMF & CLM
- Support for SAF CLM Service (SAI-AIS-CLM-B.04.01)
- Deprecate MASv, PSSv, IFSv, SRMSv & VDS, CLI, and Sub Agent
- Clean up of LEAP to eliminate Posix wrappers and other non opensaf used infrastructure.
- IMM Persistent Backend feature based on SQLite
- Notification filtering
- OpenSAF installation usability improvements
The GA archive, along with the latest OpenSAF documentation can be found at the following location: https://devel.opensaf.org/wiki/downloads/Release_4_downloads
More information about the OpenSAF Project, or the OpenSAF Foundation, can be found at the following locations: